Scottish habitational surname of uncertain meaning. Probably of Pictish or Gaelic origin. Some of the suggestions that have been advanced as to the meaning of the name Brodie are:
- "ditch" or "mire", from the old Irish word broth;
- "muddy place", from the Gaelic word brothach;
- "a point", "a spot", or "level piece of land", from the Gaelic word Brodha;
- or originated from the Pict name Brude, Bruid or Bridei from King Bridei of the Picts.
- A surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found