Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (metrology) Symbol for the prefix giga-.
- Symbol for gauss.
- (biochemistry) One-letter symbol for glycine, a natural amino acid.
- (biochemistry) One-letter symbol for the nucleotides guanodine, nucleoside guanosine, or nucleobase guanine, which are components of DNA.
- The gravitational constant in the formula F = Gm1m2/r2; sometimes called "big G" to distinguish from g for the acceleration of gravity.
- (sports) (baseball) the statistic reporting the number of games that a player has participated in
- The seventh letter of the English alphabet, preceded by F and followed by H.
- (slang) A gangsta, gangster
- (economics) Abbreviation for Government Spending.
- IPA: /ge/, /ʤe/
G (capital, lowercase g)
- The ninth letter of the Romanian alphabet representing the phonemes /g/ and /ʤ/. Preceded by F and followed by H.
When followed by the letters i or e, this letter represents the phoneme /ʤ/, as in plângi /plɨnʤʲ/ (you cry) and înger /ɨn.ʤer/ (angel). When followed by "hi" or "he" (ghi & ghe) and in all other cases, it represents /g/.
- G at the beginning of words is omitted in a soft mutation, mutates to Ng in a nasal mutation and is unchanged in an aspirate mutation, for example with the word gorsaf (“‘station’”):
Elsewhere on the web