Third person singular
- (transitive) To shout; to call out.
- (intransitive) To shout approval; to express great approval.
- (transitive) (rare) To salute or praise with great approval; to compliment; to applaud; to welcome enthusiastically.
- A glad acclaiming train. - Thomson
- (transitive) (obsolete) To claim.
- (transitive) To declare by acclamations.
- While the shouting crowd / Acclaims thee king of traitors. - Smollett
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To elect to an office by having no opposition..
to shout applause
to declare by acclamations
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Interlingua: acclamar
- Spanish: aclamar
- See also Wikisaurus:applause