Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden; If you want to be happy for life, plant a tree.English Proverb
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Old English behindan
- at the back of
- to the back of
- after, time- or motion-wise
- in support of
- The republicans are fully behind their candidate.
at the back of
to the back of
after, time- or motion-wise
in support of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- the rear, back-end
- bottom, downside
- butt, the buttocks
- (Australian rules football) A 1 point score.
- (baseball) (slang) an 1800s baseball term meaning the catcher
Elsewhere on the web