|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The act or process of breathing.
- I could hear the breath of the runner behind me.
- The child's breath came quickly and unevenly.
- (countable) A single act of breathing in and out.
- I took a deep breath and started the test.
- (uncountable) Air expelled from the lungs.
- I could feel the runner's breath on my shoulder.
- (countable) A rest or pause.
- Let's stop for a breath when we get to the top of the hill.
act or process of breathing
a single act of breathing in and out
air expelled from the lungs
a rest or pause
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked