Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies.Ann Landers
Nounbusy work (-)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Work or activity performed with the intention or result of occupying time, and not necessarily to accomplish something productive; routine work of low priority undertaken for the sake of avoiding idleness.
- Until we have a system clearly established, entering more data is just busy work.
- "busy work" in the Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
Elsewhere on the web