Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it.Thomas Hobbes
Ancient Greek chartes, "a leaf of paper".
- Divination by interpreting inscriptions on writing paper.
- 1652 Gaule The Magastromancer xix.
- Chartomancy, by writing in papers...
- 1973 Gibson Complete Illust. Bk Div. & Prophecy
- CHARTOMANCY: Divination by writing or interpreting inscriptions, sometimes of mysterious origin. Predictions written in invisible ink, which appears when papers are heated, come in this general category. So do greeting cards.
Elsewhere on the web