Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A woman who could always love would never grow old; and the love of mother and wife would often give or preserve many charms if it were not too often combined with parental and conjugal anger. There remains in the face of women who are naturally serene and peaceful, and of those rendered so by religion, an after-spring, and later an after-summer, the reflex of their most beautiful bloom.Jean Paul Richter
Ancient Greek chartes, "a leaf of paper".
- Divination by interpreting inscriptions on writing paper.
- 1652 Gaule The Magastromancer xix.
- Chartomancy, by writing in papers...
- 1973 Gibson Complete Illust. Bk Div. & Prophecy
- CHARTOMANCY: Divination by writing or interpreting inscriptions, sometimes of mysterious origin. Predictions written in invisible ink, which appears when papers are heated, come in this general category. So do greeting cards.
Elsewhere on the web