Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Self-will so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on.Richard Cecil
chēnna (ch as in loch)
- already, before now
- Rinn e sin a cheana. He has done that already.
- Am fear e mharbh a mhàthair cheana, bheireadh e beò a nis i. He who killed his mother a little ago, would fain have her alive now.
- Tha e fuar cheana. It is cold indeed.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)
Elsewhere on the web