Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If frugality were established in the state, and if our expenses were laid out to meet needs rather than superfluities of life, there might be fewer wants, and even fewer pleasures, but infinitely more happiness.Oliver Goldsmith
- RP IPA: /ˈkɒrɪˌdɔː/, SAMPA: /"kQrI%dO:/ or IPA: /ˈkɒrɪˌdə/, SAMPA: /"kQrI%d@/
- (GenAM) enPR: kôrʹədôr', IPA: /ˈkɔrəˌdɔr/, SAMPA: /"kOr@%dOr/
- A narrow hall or passage with rooms leading off it.
- A restricted tract of land that allows passage between two places.
- Airspace restricted for the passage of aircraft.
narrow hall or passage
tract of land
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web