Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is like pi—natural, irrational, and very important.Lisa Hoffman
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cause to come off the tracks.
- The train was destroyed when it was derailed by the penny.
- (intransitive) To come off the tracks.
- (intransitive) To deviate from the previous course or direction.
- The conversation derailed once James brought up politics.
- (transitive) To cause to deviate from a set course or direction.
- The protesting students derailed the professor's lecture.
to deviate from the previous course or direction
to cause to deviate from a set course or direction
Elsewhere on the web