Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.Joan Crawford
- A habitation; a place or house in which a person lives; abode; domicile.
- The old house served as a dwelling for Albert.
- Philip's dwelling fronted on the street. - Alfred Tennyson
- dwelling house: a house intended to be occupied as a residence, in distinction from a store, office, or other building
- dwelling place
- lake dwelling: prehistoric structure
a place or house in which a person lives
- Webster, 1913.
- Present participle of dwell.
- I was dwelling in the cave.
Elsewhere on the web