Adjectiveelectric (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, produced by, operated with, or utilising electricity; electrical.
- Of, or relating to an electronic version of a musical instrument that has an acoustic equivalent.
- Being emotionally thrilling; electrifying.
- electric chair
- electrical outlet
- electrical engineer
- electric grid (AKA a power grid)
- electric darts
electronic (musical instrument)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (rare) An electric car.
- (archaic) A substance or object which can be electrified; an insulator or non-conductor, like amber or glass.
- Dictionary.com definitions of electric
- Niels H. de V. Heathcote (December 1967). "The early meaning of electricity: Some Pseudodoxia Epidemica - I". Annals of Science 23 (4): pp. 261-275.