Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is not blind—it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.Rabbi J. Gordon
Third person singular
- (transitive) To form a circle around; to encircle.
- (transitive) To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
- (transitive) To include completely; to describe fully or comprehensively.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- (transitive) To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
- Drake encompassed the globe.
- "encompass" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web