Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
See also extensión
- The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space (or time, e.g. "spatiotemporal extension")
- (semantics) Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; -- correlative of intension.
- (finance) A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- (medicine) The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- (weightlifting) An exercise in which an arm or leg is straightened against resistance.
- (fencing) A simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward.
- A numerical code used to specify a specific telephone in a telecommunication network.
- (semantics): denotation
- (exercise): curl
- extension cord
- hair extension
- leg extension
- triceps extension
- file extension
- metaphorical extension
act of extending or the state of being extended
anatomy: that property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space
semantics: capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects
finance: written engagement on the part of a creditor
fencing: a simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
extension f. (plural extensions)
Elsewhere on the web