Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From the [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] fabricatus, p. p. of fabricari, fabricare; meaning to frame, build, forge; through the French fabrica. See fabric, farge.
- IPA: ˈfæb.ɹɪ.ket
Third person singular
- (transitive) To form into a whole by uniting its parts; to frame; to construct; to build; as, to fabricate a bridge or ship.
- (transitive) To form by art and labor; to manufacture; to produce; as, to fabricate computer chips.
- (transitive) To invent and form; to forge; to devise falsely; as, to fabricate a lie or story.
- (transitive) (cooking) To cut up an animal as preparation for cooking, particularly used in reference to fowl.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web