- Rhymes: -uːmi
Adjectivegloomy (comparative gloomier, superlative gloomiest)
- Imperfectly illuminated; dismal through obscurity or darkness; dusky; dim; clouded.
- The cavern was gloomy.
- Affected with, or expressing, gloom; melancholy; dejected.
- a gloomy temper or countenance
- See also Wikisaurus:cheerless
affected with, or expressing, gloom; melancholy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked