Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity—love. And the story of a love is not important—what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.Helen Hayes
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The ability of an organism to record information about things or events with the facility of recalling them later at will.
- Memory is a facility common to all animals.
- (A date for this quote is being sought): Albert Schweitzer
- Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
- A record of a thing or an event stored and available for later use by the organism.
- I have no memory of that event.
- (computing) The part of a computer that stores variable executable code or data (RAM) or unalterable executable code or default data (ROM).
- This data passes from the CPU to the memory.
- (ability to recall): recall
- (stored record): recall, recollection
- (RAM or ROM): core (old-fashioned)
- declarative memory
- eidetic memory
- false memory
- flashbulb memory
- memorise, memorize
- memory bank
- memory card
- mind maps
- photographic memory
- semantic memory
- sensory memory
ability to recall
RAM or ROM