- IPA: [nʲiː]
- Fourth declension
Bare forms (no plural of this noun)
Forms with the definite article
Triggers lenition of a following consonant. Not used in the past tense except for some irregular verbs. Takes the dependent form of irregular verbs.
- ní thuigim – "I do not understand"
- ní dheachaigh mé ansin - "I did not go there"
- ní bhfaighidh siad é – "They will not find it"
- cha (dialectal form)
- níor (used in the past tense with regular and some irregular verbs)
ní (form of ni2 with diacritic)
- 倪: feeble, tiny, young and weak
- 呢: interrogative or emphatic final
- 坭: mud, mire; to paste, to plaster
- 埿: In ancient times similar to the " mire ".
- 妫: family name
- 婗: a new-born child the whimper of an infant
- 尼: Buddhist nun; transliteration for "ni" (e.g. 尼日尔)
- 怩: shy, timid, bashful; look ashamed
- 泥: mud, mire; earth, clay; plaster
- 猊: lion; wild beast; wild horse
- 籾: unhulled rice
- 蜺: reflection of rainbow
- 貎: lion; wild beast; wild horse
- 輗: a cross bar at end of a carriage pole
- 郳: state in Shandong province
- 鈦: titanium
- 霓: rainbow; variegated, colored
- 鯢, 鲵: Cryptobranchus japonicus; a salamander
- 麑: fawn, young deer
- 齯: teeth grown in old age