From Latin octo, eight.
- Rhymes: -ɛt
- A group or set of eight of something.
- (music) A group of eight musicians performing together.
- An octet of waiters sang her "Happy Birthday".
- (music) A composition for such a group of musicians.
- (computing) A byte of eight bits. Abbreviation: o
- (computing) (rare) A byte of three bits.
group of eight
group of eight musicians performing together
composition for such a group
byte of eight bits See byte
rare: byte of three bits
octet m (plural octets)
- byte (of eight bits)