Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Nounpoint of pride (points of pride)
- Something which produces a feeling of self-satisfaction, especially an admirable personal characteristic or accomplishment.
- 1945, Walter Firey, "Sentiment and Symbolism as Ecological Variables," American Sociological Review, vol. 10, no. 2, p. 141,
- It is a point of pride to a Beacon Hill resident if he can say that he was born on the Hill or was at least raised there.
- 2003, John Derbyshire, "Ten Points on the War," National Review Online (USA), 27 Mar.,
- It is a point of pride for us, military and civilian alike, that we take the utmost care to avoid "collateral damage."
Elsewhere on the webLast modified on 19 June 2008, at 21:19