Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a succession of lessons enforced by immediate reward, or, oftener, by immediate chastisement.Ernest Dimnet
See also Portrait
- pourtraict (obsolete)
- A painting or other picture of a person, especially the head and shoulders.
- (figuratively) An accurate depiction of a mood.
- The author painted a good portrait of urban life in New York in his latest book.
painting of a person
an accurate depiction of a mood
- (computing, Template loop detected: Template:context 1): a print mode or selection specifying the rectangle to be printed on having the vertical sides longer than the horizontal sides.
- (print mode or selection) landscape
- IPA: /pɔʁ.tʁɛʁ/
portrait m. (plural portraits)
Elsewhere on the web