Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea, to be suggestive, must come to the individual with the force of revelation.William James
Adverbpost-haste (not comparable)
- quickly, as fast as someone travelling post; with great speed
- It is imperative that you finish your task post-haste.
- Very great hurry
- 1602 : Hamlet by William Shakespeare, act 1 scene 1 l 103-106
- "And this, I take it,
- Is the main motive of our preparations
- The source of this our watch, and the chief head
- Of this post-haste and rummage in the land."
Elsewhere on the web