Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.Ross Presser
See also Pseudonym
- A fictitious name, often used by writers and porn stars.
- The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson wrote "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll.
- c1911 — H. G. Wells, The Obliterated Man
- I doubt, indeed, whether I should not abandon the struggle altogether-- leave this sad world of ordinary life for which I am so ill fitted, abandon the name of Cummins for some professional pseudonym, complete my self-effacement, and--a thing of tricks and tatters, of posing and pretence--go upon the stage.
- 1928 — H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature
- The best example of its literary use so far are the German novel The Golem, by Gustav Meyrink, and the drama The Dybbuk, by the jewish writer using the pseudonym "Ansky".
Elsewhere on the web