Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's discouraging to make a mistake, but it's humiliating when you find out you're so unimportant that nobody noticed it.Chuck Daly
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- enPR: rĕd'i, IPA: /ˈɹɛdi/, SAMPA: /"r\Edi/
- help, file
- Hyphenation: read·y
Adjectiveready (comparative readier, superlative readiest)
- Prepared for immediate action or use.
- The troops are ready for battle.
- Inclined; apt to happen.
- Liable at any moment.
- The seed is ready to sprout.
Prepared for immediate action or use
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- To make prepared for action.
Elsewhere on the web