Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (idiomatic) To discard; to dispense with something; to throw away.
- Just throw out that pen if it doesn't write anymore.
- They decided to throw out the idea because it would have been too expensive.
- (idiomatic) To dismiss or expel someone from any longer performing duty or attending somewhere.
- The board threw the man out, because he wouldn't cooperate and agree with their plans to remodernize the facility.
- The ushers threw the woman out of the auditorium, because she kept shouting out insults to the guest of honor when he made his speech.
Elsewhere on the webLast modified on 26 September 2008, at 20:54