Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 Albanian
- 3 Crimean Tatar
- 4 Croatian
- 5 Danish
- 6 Dutch
- 7 Kurdish
- 8 Slovene
- 9 Turkish
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- That part of an object furthest away in the opposite direction from that in which an unsupported object would fall.
- His kite got caught at the top of the tree.
- The part viewed, or intended to be viewed, nearest the edge of the visual field normally occupied by the uppermost visible objects.
- Headings appear at the tops of pages. Or, Further weather information can be found at the top of your television screen.
- A lid, cap or cover of a container.
- A garment worn to cover the torso.
- A child’s spinning toy; a spinning top
- (nautical) A framework at the top of a ship's mast to which rigging is attached
- (baseball) The first half of an inning, during which the home team fields and the visiting team bats.
- (BDSM) A dominant partner in a BDSM relationship or roleplay.
- (slang, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A gay man who likes take an active sexual role rather than a passive role (e.g. to penetrate in anal sex rather than be penetrated).
- (part seen, or intended to be seen, nearest the edge of the visual field normally occupied by the uppermost visible objects): head (of a page)
- (lid): cap, cover, lid
- (part of an object furthest away in the opposite direction from that in which an unsupported object would fall): base, bottom, underside
- (part seen, or intended to be seen, nearest the edge of the visual field normally occupied by the uppermost visible objects): foot (of a page)
- (garment): bottoms
- (sexual slang): bottom
- (gay sexual slang): bottom
Third person singular
- To cover on the top or with a top.
- To cut or remove the top (as of a tree)
- To excel, to beat.
- (UK, slang) To kill, murder.
- (excel): beat, better, best, do better than, exceed, excel, outdo, surpass, trump, worst
slang: to murder
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Spanish rematar
- Rated first.
- She came top in her French exam.
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
- (chess) rook
- fra top til tå
- top (uppermost part)
- ball (object, generally spherical, used for playing games)
This Kurdish entry was created from the translations listed at ball. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see top in the Kurdish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Common Slavic *tup.
Elsewhere on the web