Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.Rabindranath Tagore
Adverbwhyever (not comparable)
- For whatever reason.
- Whyever you do it, just do it"
- 1918, Wilson Follett, The Modern Novel: A Study of the Purpose and the Meaning of Fiction, page 79
- Whatever we do, and whyever we do it, does not every motive originate in self, and does not every act proceed out of the individual's instinct for self-fulfilment ?
- 1975, Steven Polgar, Population, Ecology, and Social Evolution, page 74
- Whyever they began, there was no perceptible wolf at their door.
- 2006, David Weber, Linda Evans, Hell's Gate
- "And whyever they were doing it, they were the ones responsible for what happened to her and all of the rest of my friends in the first place."
for whatever reason
Elsewhere on the web