|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adjectiveyoung (comparative younger, superlative youngest)
- In the early part of growth or life; born not long ago.
- A lamb is a young sheep.
- These picture books are for young readers.
- The age of space travel is still young.
- As if young; having the look or qualities of a young person.
- My grandmother is a very active woman and is quite young for her age.
- Of or belonging to the early part of life.
- Our neighbor spent his younger years in England.
- Having little experience; inexperienced; unpracticed; ignorant; weak.
in the early part of life or growth
as if young
belonging in the early part of life
having little experience
- People who are young; young beings.
- The younger generation.
- The lion caught a gnu to feed its young.
people who are young
the younger generation