Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From γάλα "milk"
- (Classical): IPA: [ɡalakʰsíaːs]
- (Koine): IPA: [ɡalakʰsˈiaːs]
- (Byzantine): IPA: [ɣalaksˈias]
γαλαξίας (genitive γαλαξίου) m, first declension; (galaksiās)
- the Milky Way galaxy (lit. milky)
- English: galaxy
γαλαξίας (galaxías) m.
- galaxy (collection of billions of stars, galactic dust, black holes, etc)
This Greek entry was created from the translations listed at galaxy. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see γαλαξίας in the Greek Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) October 2008
Elsewhere on the web