Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always.Rainer Maria Rilke
See also Appendix:Variations of "d"
Upper case form
|English name delta|
|Wikipedia article on δ|
- Lower case delta, the fourth letter of the ancient Greek alphabet. Its name was δέλτα and it represented a voiced dental plosive: IPA: /d/. It is preceded by γ and followed by ε.
- Lower case delta, the fourth letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its name is δέλτα and it represents a voiced dental fricative: IPA: /ð/. It is preceded by γ and followed by ε.
- (mathematics) A small increment or change in a variable.
- <math>\delta</math><math> x</math> is a small change in variable <math>x</math>
- (mathematics) A small number, usually accompanied by ε.
- For any <math>\epsilon>0</math>, there is a <math>\delta</math><math>>0</math> …
See also delta.
Descendants of ‘δ’
Elsewhere on the web