Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.Carl Jung
Upper case form
|English name epsilon|
|Wikipedia article on ε|
See also Appendix:Variations of "e"
- Lower case epsilon, the fifth letter of the ancient Greek alphabet. Its name was εἶ, later ἒ ψιλόν, and it represented a somewhat lowered variant of the mid front unrounded vowel: IPA: /e/ or /e̞/, SAMPA: /e/. It is preceded by δ and followed by ϝ.
- Lower case epsilon, the fifth letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its name is έψιλον and it represents a somewhat lowered variant of the mid front unrounded vowel: IPA: /e/ or /e̞/, SAMPA: /e/. It is preceded by δ and followed by ζ.
- (sciences) emittance, extinction coefficient.
- (mathematics) A small number, usually in company of δ.
- For each <math>\epsilon</math> <math>> 0</math>, there exists a <math>\delta > 0</math>, ...
See also epsilon.
- ε', ,ε
- e, E (Roman)
- е, Е (Cyrillic)
- є, Є (Cyrillic)
- э, Э (Cyrillic)
- ⲉ, Ⲉ (Coptic)
- ɛ, ɜ, ɞ (IPA)
- ∈ (mathematics)
Elsewhere on the web