Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness.Oliver Wendell Holmes
A primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly denoting accompaniment
- μετά / meta / met-ah'
- amid” (local or causal);
- modified variously according to the case (genitive case association, or accusative case succession) with which it is joined;
- occupying an intermediate position between ἀπό G575 or ἐκ G1537 and εἰς G1519 or πρός G4314;
- less intimate than ἐν G1722, and less close than σύν G4862:
- after (-ward),X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-) on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-) to, + together, when, with (+ -out).
- Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence.
- IPA: [me̞ˈta]
Elsewhere on the web