Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at stars.Henry Van Dyke
From πτερόν "wing"
- (Classical): IPA: [ptérʉkʰs]
- (Koine): IPA: [ptˈɛrykʰs]
- (Byzantine): IPA: [ptˈeryks]
πτέρυξ (genitive πτέρυγος) f, third declension; (pteruks)
- (in plural) feathers
- (poetic) flight
- Anything which resembles a wing: rudder, oar
- The flaps at the bottom of armour
- The edge of a sword or axe
- shoulder blade
Third declension of πτέρυξ, πτέρῠγος
Elsewhere on the web