Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (Classical): IPA: [pʰɔːnɛː́]
- (Koine): IPA: [pʰo̞ːnˈeː]
- (Byzantine): IPA: [ɸonˈi]
φωνή (genitive φωνῆς) f, first declension; (phōnē)
- Usually human of the human voice: voice cry, yell
- The voice or cry of animals
- Any articulate sound (especially vowels)
- speech, discourse
φωνή f. sg.
- voice (sound uttered by the mouth, especially that uttered by human beings in speech or song)
This Greek entry was created from the translations listed at voice. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see φωνή in the Greek Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Elsewhere on the web