Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
See also Appendix:Variations of "ne"
- IPA: [nʲe]
- (negative in full) not, no, -n't, without
- Idiomatic negative usage
- (partial negative) perhaps not, whether ... or not
- will never (implying impossibility to do something)
- usually not translated, gives affirmative meaning for expression, especially in exclamations
- како́й ру́сский не лю́бит бы́строй езды́! — every Russian likes to drive (a car) fast.
- кто не лю́бит пое́сть! — everyone likes a good meal.
With prepositions and pronouns не actually is a prefix, in spite of the fact that it is written separately.
Elsewhere on the web