Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We dribble away our life, little by little, in small packages—we don't throw it away all at once.Robert A. Cook
- (Modern Israeli) IPA: /-ut/
־וּת (-út) f. (plural (regardless of state) ־וּיוֹת, singular construct ־וּת)
- This suffix is often appended to adjectives in ־י (-í), “‘-al, -an, -ic, -ous’”), such that ־יות (-iút), “‘-ality, -anity, -icity, -osity’”) may be considered a suffix in its own right.
- (Modern Israeli) IPA: /-ot/
- The plural ending for most feminine and a few masculine nouns (regardless of state).
- The feminine plural ending for adjectives (regardless of state).
- The feminine plural ending for present-tense and present-participle forms of verbs.
Elsewhere on the web