Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I define love for our purpose as the passion of one being for another in the hope of being loved in return.Source Unknown
- IPA: /aːp/
- you (formal and grammatically plural)
- आप is the most formal way of expressing "you" in Hindi and is used when addressing elders or those higher in social status. Because less formal forms could offend others, आप is the safest way to express "you" unless there is reason to be less formal.
- Because आप is grammatically plural (adjectives and verbs etc affected by it take their plural forms) even when there is only one person being referred to, the term आप लोग (literally: you people) can be used to specify that more than one person is being referred to because of T-V distinction.
- तुम (mid level formality, grammatically plural)
- तू (complete lack of human formality, grammatically singular)
Elsewhere on the web