Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy man never laughs—seldom—though he may smile. He does not need to laugh, for laughter, like weeping is a relief of mental tension—and the happy are not over strung.Prof. F. A. P. Aveling
- IPA: /nəɦĩː/
- no, not, negative response to a yes/no question
- Example: बिलकुल नहीं - Of course not, absolutely not.
- no, not, representing negation of statements
- Example: यहाँ गाजर नहीं हैं - There are no carrots here, or "Here carrots not are" in literal order.
Often used with the polite particle जी to be more polite in answering those given respect as in जी नहीं.
- McGregor, R.S, ed. The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary, Oxford university press. 1993
Elsewhere on the web