Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprung up.Oliver Wendell Holmes
From ἀκροάομαι "I listen"
- (Classical): IPA: [akróama]
- (Koine): IPA: [akrˈo̞ama]
- (Byzantine): IPA: [akrˈoama]
ἀκρόαμα (genitive ἀκροάματος) n, third declension; (akroama)
- something heard
- (especially something heard with pleasure): feast for the ears, song, play
- (in plural): lecturers, musicians, actors
Elsewhere on the web