Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
From ὁράω (“‘I see’”).
- (Classical): IPA: [opʰtʰalmós]
- (Koine): IPA: [o̞pʰtʰalmˈo̞s]
- (Byzantine): IPA: [oɸθalmˈos]
ὀφθαλμός (genitive ὀφθαλμοῦ) m, second declension; (ophthalmos)
- that which is dearest or best
- the bud of a plant (such as the eye of a potato)
Elsewhere on the web