Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- IPA: /əl/
- of or pertaining to; adjectival suffix appended to various words, often nouns, to make an adjective form. Often added to words of Latin origin, but used with other words also.
- line, lineal
- base, basal
- cranium, cranial
- Forming nouns, especially of verbal action.
If the root word ends in l, the variant -ar is often used instead. Sometimes both forms are found: linear, lineal.
- of or pertaining to
- forming nouns, especially of verbal action.
- for [...] reason (ending for correlatives of reason)
- kial: for what reason, why
- tial: for that reason, therefore
- ĉial: for every reason
- ial: for any/some reason
- nenial: for no reason
From latin -ālis.
- In adjectives, indicating relation (e.g. cultural).
- In nouns, indicating a place where something is grown
- (indicating a place):
Elsewhere on the web