Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
- See parlare as an example of a regular -are verb
- The only irregular -are verbs are andare, dare (and ridare) and stare
- fare and related verbs (from Latin facere) are considered to be an irregular -ere verb
- (on adjectives) Regular construction of comparative
- Used to form the names of residents or inhabitants of particular places; in particular towns/cities
- (on verbs) Denotes a person or object who (regularly) performs the action of the verb.
If added to a a-final stem, the two adjacent a:s merge into one single a.
- person from
- -bo (3) (Does always work, in some cases not as common as -are, though.)
Elsewhere on the web