Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is a friendship caught on fire.Northern Exposure
- IPA: /ˈɛt/
- Forms nouns from verbs. It is used in front vowel words. The back vowel suffix is -at.
- ítél (judge) - ítélet (judgment)
- Forms collective nouns from nouns ending in -ész meaning occupations.
- Suffix for definite form singular of neuter nouns, esp. if they end with consonant or a stressed vowel.
- Suffix for the neuter form of past participles of verbs belonging to the fourth declension (strong verbs). This may be analyzed as two morphemes: a combination of the suffix -en for past participle and -t for neuter, where the n of the first suffix disappears. Such an analysis is historically correct.
Elsewhere on the web