Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (verb ending marking the infinitive)
- (sometimes used to create a diminutive form, as in Hans -> Hansi)
- Creates adjectives from proper nouns.
- Creates adjectives from nouns.
- Diminutive suffix for nouns, mostly used by the younger generation or in informal conversations.
- Used with a stem to form the second-person singular present of regular are, -ere verbs and those -ire verbs that don't take "isc"
- Used with a stem to form the second-person imperative of -ere verbs
- Used with a stem to form the first-, second- and third person singular present subjunctive of -are verbs
- Used with a stem to form the third-person singular imperative of -are verbs
- (nominative and vocative plural masculine ending for second declension nouns)
- (genitive singular ending for second declension nouns)
- (vocative singular masculine ending for second declension nouns ending in -ius)
- (dative singular ending for third declension nouns)
- (ablative singular ending for third declension i-stem nouns, such as rete, animal and sometimes navis)
- (perfect active indicative first-person singular ending for verbs)
- (present passive infinitive ending for third conjugation verbs)
-i [[Category:Template:lang:ro suffixes|i]]
- (definite article) the
- Masculine plurals (eg. bărbaţii)
-ı (with back vowel harmony)
- -i (with front vowel harmony)
Other forms: -u, -ü (if last vocal is o,ö,u or ü), -yı, -yi, -yu, -yü (after a vocal), -nı, -ni, -nu, -nü (after possessive)
Examples: ev-i, araba-yı, yol-u, babası-nı
- Third person singular possessive suffix. Used after a noun ending in a consonant. It has the same meaning as "uning" (its) placed before a noun.
- Bu kitobi.
- "This is its book."
- Bu kitobi.
Elsewhere on the web