Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Added to words to form nouns denoting:
- One who follows a principle or system of belief.
- A member of a profession or one interested in something.
- A person who uses something.
- violinist, one who plays a violin
- A person who holds biased views.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Suffix appended to words to create a masculine noun, usually denoting a follower or a profession. Chiefly used for loanwords.
-ist m. (plural -isten, feminine -istin, feminine plural -istinnen)[[Category:Template:lang:de suffixes|ist]]
- IPA: [ist]
-ist m. (plural -işti, feminine -istă, feminine plural -iste)[[Category:Template:lang:ro suffixes|ist]]
Elsewhere on the web