Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A proof that experience is of no use, is that the end of one love does not prevent us from beginning another.Paul Bourget
See also Appendix:Variations of "on"
From -on in electron, reinforced by Ancient Greek -ον ending neuter nouns and adjectives.
- (physics and Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Forming nouns denoting elementary particles (proton), quanta (photon), molecular units (codon), or substances (interferon).
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Forming names of things considered as basic or fundamental units, such as codon or recon.
- Suffix variant for the illative singular, see -Vn.
- Forming diminutives of things, inculding some animals.
- (physics and Template loop detected: Template:context 1) -on
Elsewhere on the web