Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
He who never made a mistake, never made a discovery.Samuel Smiles
See also 9/11
- the number nine hundred and eleven
- IPA: /ˌnaɪnwʌnˈwʌn/, SAMPA: /%naInwVn"wVn/, as nine-one-one
- (rare, deprecated) IPA: /ˌnaɪnɪlˈɛvən/, SAMPA: /%naInIl"Ev@n/
- (rare, deprecated) IPA: /ˌnaɪnəlˈɛvən/, SAMPA: /%naIn@l"Ev@n/
- In the United States and Canada, the telephone number used to call the police or other emergency services.
- 000 (Australian phone number for emergency assistance)
- 999 (UK and Irish phone number for emergency assistance)
- 112 (New European number for emergency assistance)
- IPA: /ˌnaɪnɪlˈɛvən/, SAMPA: /%naInIl"Ev@n/, as nine-eleven
- IPA: /ˌnaɪnəlˈɛvən/, SAMPA: /%naIn@l"Ev@n/
- Alternative spelling of 9/11. (September 11, 2001,) the day in which terrorists hijacked United States airliners to attack New York and Washington, resulting in massive casualties.
- http://sep11memories.org/wiki/In_Memoriam formerly the WMF 9/11 memorial
Elsewhere on the web