Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A woman who could always love would never grow old; and the love of mother and wife would often give or preserve many charms if it were not too often combined with parental and conjugal anger. There remains in the face of women who are naturally serene and peaceful, and of those rendered so by religion, an after-spring, and later an after-summer, the reflex of their most beautiful bloom.Jean Paul Richter
See also abel
- IPA: /ˈeɪbəl/
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 4:8
- And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
male given name
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- A male given name of biblical origin.
- (Biblical) Abel
- 1602 — La Santa Biblia (antigua versión de Casiodoro de Reina), rev., Génesis 4:8
- Y habló Caín á su hermano Abel: y aconteció que estando ellos en el campo, Caín se levantó contra su hermano Abel, y le mató.
Elsewhere on the web