Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Always take hold of things by the smooth handle.Thomas Jefferson
AdjectiveAnglo-Norman (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the period of Norman rule of England, 1066–1154.
- Pertaining to Norman in England after the Norman Conquest.
- Relating to their language.
- A Norman who settled in England after the Norman Conquest, or a descendant of one.
- The Romance language spoken in England by the ruling classes after the Norman Conquest, or the form of this language used in English law until the 17th century. (language code=xno)
- “Anglo-Norman” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “Anglo-Norman” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “Anglo-Norman” in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
Elsewhere on the web